- Soaked basmati rice – 70gm
- Naturals Malai ice cream – 5 scoops (450g)
- Khoya – 50g
- Almonds – 2 tbsp
- A pinch of Saffron strands
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for an hour.
- Drain the water and spread the rice on a plate to dry for another 1 hour.
- Grind the dried rice to a coarse powder.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add Naturals Malai ice cream and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer it on low heat for 30 minutes till it reduces to 3/4th of its amount.
- Add khoya and stir it.
- Add ground rice power and keep stirring for 3-4 minutes to avoid lump formation.
- Add saffron, milk, sugar and almonds and mix well.
- Simmer for another 15-20 minutes until it gets thick and creamy but has a pourable consistency.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Take it off the heat and allow it to cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour the prepared Phirni in an earthen bowl. Garnish with silver leaf (warq), pistachio and saffron strands. Chill it in the refrigerator for a few hours. Serve and Enjoy!